Tuesday 23 June 2015

Dottie's Delights, The Bow Bodysuit Review


Something I will always dream of being is a burlesque dancer. I love the whole art of teasing, the glamour, those confident women loving their bodies. And of course, the outfits. This little number by Dottie's Delights makes me feel like I'm one step closer to that dream.

From the second Esty Lingerie announced they would be stocking it I knew exactly what was going to happen. The Bow bodysuit is part of the Sheer Show collection designed in collaboration with the beautiful Miss Mosh and is primarily made from black mesh with a cute bow appliqué across the bust.


The bodysuit is held up by a detachable halter neck ribbon which is long enough to give you a lot of play with what length you need to tie it at. Unfortunately for me, with my bountiful bust, the ribbon gets pulled down a lot and can get a bit uncomfortable on the back of my neck after some time. But this isn't really an item that I would be wearing all day (unfortunately) anyway. The ribbon has not once slipped out of the bow that I tie it in so that is a definite upside. Technically, you have the option of going without the ribbon and therefore strapless, but this isn't really something that will work for me as I need it tied tightly in order to get a good coverage as well as so the full impact of the bow can be seen.


It was a bit difficult for me to decide on a size. According to the guide my bust would put me in a large but my hips remain in the small category, so I went down the middle and hoped that a medium would work. And boy am I glad I did! The fit is perfect, in fact a small would probably have been too snug even on my hips. The mesh is described as a stretch mesh but there isn't too much movement to it. This means that it feels comfortable but I still feel smoothed out a bit. Being a bit on the short size I get a few folds while wearing it but that's only to be expected.


The microfiber bow is a flawless example of appliqué and feels so soft to the touch. Its size and placement mean that is offers you a bit of modesty by covering up your nipples (so these photos will be instagram safe, #freethenipple) which acts as a bit of playful teasing in contrast with the sheerness of the rest of the bodysuit.


Around the legs of the bodysuit are some sweet little ruffles, again adding a playful edge to a rather sexy item. And I love this balance that they've struck up in this design. It definitely feels very true to the art of burlesque; so much so that I find myself shimmying around the flat whenever I have it on.

I can safely say that I'm in love and would definitely purchase some other Dottie's Delights designs in the future. In particular the amazing black mesh jumpsuit which is also from the sheer show collection. If you're a fellow UK dweller then, as I said before, Esty Lingerie stock a few of the designs. Lingerie lovers in the USA can find a couple of designs in Bluestockings Boutique. Otherwise they are available from the Dottie's Delights online store


Thanks for reading. x





1 comment:

  1. You look sensational in that suit and would grace any burlesque stage lucky enough to have you appear upon it.

    ReplyDelete